Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My talks at Wabash College

I had a wonderful visit to Wabash College yesterday. I was hosted by Professor Stephen H. Webb. It was such a delight to meet both Steve and his lovely wife, Professor Diane Timmerman (Butler University). I gave two talks at Wabash, one on abortion and political liberalism and the second on my return to the Catholic Church. A story about the second lecture appeared in the school paper this morning. You can read it here. I very much appreciate the feedback from Jacob Stump, the student quoted at the end of the article. I think he's right that I need to incorporate more theological points in this lecture. Having now talked about my Catholic journey at several different venues, I am always learning on how best to communicate my thoughts. Thank you, Jacob.

No comments: