Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Great Time at EWTN

What a terrific 36 hours at EWTN. On Monday morning I spent some time in the EWTN gift shop, purchasing a St. Thomas Aquinas lapel pin and a St. Francis Mass Card, both of which were on my person during the broadcast of The Journey Home. I went to confession at 11 am and then went to Mass at 12 noon at EWTN's Chapel.

I spent some time with Marcus Grodi before and after the broadcast of The Journey Home. We also shared a meal with my friend, Mary C. Moorman (the September 28 guest who was there for the taping of her episode), her friend, Carrie (a delightful woman with a terrific sense of humor), and Fr. Mitch Pacwa, host of EWTN Live. Among the many things discussed with Fr. Pacwa over dinner was the story of St. Hubert, the patron saint of hunting. What he didn't tell us, and what I know now, is that St. Hubert's feast day is my birthday, November 3.

(The photo is of my sister's son, Michael, touching the television screen as his Uncle Frank pontificates on The Journey Home last night).

(UPDATE: You may now watch the interview here)

3 comments:

Lee H said...

And pontificate you did! In depth, kindness, and with joy! It was great!

Tiber Jumper said...

Going to EWTN was like a pilgrimage for us too. It truly was a blessed experience. We were so nervous before the show but went to Mass in the Chapel and afterward had amazing peace and felt much better about the taping. I spent way too much money in their bookstore :)
The highlight was having breakfast in the little kitchen and this short priest with cowboy boots walks in and sits down to breakfast with us. Yep, Father Mitch Pacwa. We couldn't believe it.

PJMULVEY said...

Frank:

I admire your courage, intelligence and witness to the Truth. Patrick