Saturday, November 21, 2009

"Gonna Change My Way of Thinking," Bob Dylan in Los Angeles, October 2009

Here's the audio. Lyrics follow.

Lyrics:

Gonna Change My Way of Thinking
by Bob Dylan

Change my way of thinking, Make myself a different set of rules.
Gonna change my way of thinking, Make myself a different set of rules.
Gonna put my best foot forward, stop being influenced by fools.

Gonna sit at the welcome table, I'm as hungry as a horse
Sittin' at the welcome table, I'm so hungry I could eat a horse
I'm gonna revitalize my thinkin', I'm gonna let the law take its course

Jesus is coming, he's coming back to gather his jewels
Jesus is coming, he's coming back to gather his jewels
Well, we live by the golden rule: Whoever got the gold rules.

The sun is shining, ain't but one train on this track
The sun is shining, ain't but one train on this track
I'm steppin' out of the dark woods, I'm jumpin' on the monkey's back.

Yes, I'm all dressed up, going to the country dance
Said, I'm all dressed up, going to the country dance
Every day you gotta pray for guidance, Every day you gotta give yourself another chance.

Well, there are storms out on the ocean, storms out on the mountains too
Storms on the ocean, storms out on the mountains too
O, Lord, I have no friend but you

Change my way of thinking, Make myself a different set of rules.
Gonna change my way of thinking, Make myself a different set of rules.
Gonna put my best foot forward, stop being influenced by fools.

No comments: