Monday, February 1, 2010

My appearance on Franciscan University Presents: How to present the prolife position intelligently and winsomely

In October, while I was visiting Franciscan University in Steubenville, Ohio, I taped an episode of the EWTN program, Franciscan University Presents. For those who missed the broadcast on Sunday evening, January 31, EWTN will be repeating the broadcast twice more this week: Tuesday, February 2 at 1:00 PM ET and 10 AM PT, and Friday, February 5 at 4:00 AM ET and 1 AM PT.

I discussed my 2007 book, Defending Life: A Moral and Legal Case Against Abortion Choice (Cambridge University Press), which, as of Monday evening, was the #1 ranked book in the category of "abortion and birth control" on Amazon.com.

2 comments:

Irene said...

Dr. Beckwith, I've often wondered by the abortion industry is such a considerable proponent of contraception. Using the conventional wisdom, contraception should reduce if not eliminate the need for abortion. Why is this industry so heavily supporting another industry that according to their own logic, should put them out of business?

Julie said...

I notice that "Irene"s comment is from way over a year ago. It's a good question: I'd love to see an answer to it! My personal opinion is that promoting artificial contraception is promoting sex-without-responsibility, which would naturally lead to many "accidents" as this sin leavens itself into the society.