Thursday, July 8, 2010

Evangelical Philosophical Society (EPS) Apologetics Conference, 18-20 November, in Atlanta

I will be one of several speakers at the Evangelical Philosophical Society's 9th annual Apologetics Conference: "Set Forth Your Case: Equipping Christians for Discipleship and Evangelism." It will be held at Johnson Ferry Baptist Church in Marietta, Georgia. The keynote speakers include William Lane Craig, Gary R. Habermas, and Alvin Plantinga. You can find a list of all the sessions and speakers here.  In my session  I will be lecturing on "Natural Rights and the New Atheism."  Speakers in the other sessions include Craig Evans, Paul Copan, Gregory P. Koukl, Craig Blomberg, Mary Jo Sharp, and Matthew Flannagan. You can find the entire line-up of instructors here.

It's a conference worth attending.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I will be in Atlanta earlier that week for the Evangelical Theological Society's 62nd annual conference, at which I will be delivering two papers. One is a paper I was invited to deliver to the ETS's bioethics study group. And the second is a paper that was accepted for presentation at the annual meeting of the Evangelical Philosophical Society (EPS), a group of which I am a member.  The annual EPS meeting is part of the annual ETS meeting.  You can read about both papers here.

6 comments:

Tiber Jumper said...

I am thankful they are still allowing you to participate in their activities. God bless you for your forgiving spirit and willingness to share with them all the gifts God has given you. You go Frank!

Francis J. Beckwith said...

Thanks so much, Russ. Most of these guys are my friends, and it is not lost on me on how blessed I am to still have them in my life. If I ever seem to forget this, you have my permission to tell me so!

Aaron Snell said...

Dr. Beckwith,

I was just curious to hear/read your rationale for your agreement with the EPS membership doctrinal statement. I'm sure you probably already wrote on this somewhere - if so, would you be so kind as to point me there?

Thank you!

Francis J. Beckwith said...

Aaron:

In a piece I published in 2009 in the Josephinum Journal of Theology, "Evangelical and Catholic," I explain why I agree with the ETS doctrinal statement, which, by the way, is identical to the EPS statement, which you can find here: http://epsociety.org/about/membership.asp

This article is adapted from portions of my book Return to Rome. You can get the article here: http://homepage.mac.com/francis.beckwith/JJT.pdf

Hope that helps.

FJB

Aaron Snell said...

It does. Thanks for taking the time to respond, Dr. Beckwith!

Scalia said...

At each breakout session there are a range of speaker options, are they are any you particularly recommend?