Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blue Catholic on Anne Rice

An anonymous blogger named "Blue Catholic" does nice job dealing with Anne Rice's return to the world of the Undead. Here's how it begins:

I’m tired of Anne Rice. I’m not impressed with her as a writer, and I find her efforts to publicize her religious mutations a sign of gross conceit. The attention others have given her “de-conversion” exaggerates her importance as a public figure and creates the impression that her reasons for leaving the church are profound. Really, folks. Do you care that much about this women?

Still, I confess the inability to resist saying something about the matter. Buried within an otherwise banal and thoroughly predicable recantation, there is (it seems to me) a theological gem.

>>Continue Reading

No comments: