Saturday, May 7, 2016

Elected Vice President and President-Elect of the American Catholic Philosophical Association

I am honored and humbled to report that I was informed this morning by Professor Mirela Oliva, National Secretary of the American Catholic Philosophical Association (ACPA), that "the voting members of the [ACPA] have elected you Vice-President/President-Elect. Congratulations." She goes on to write: "[Y]our term as Vice-President will begin at the conclusion of this year’s Annual Meeting and it will last until the conclusion of next year’s Annual Meeting. So you will be Vice President at the 2017 Meeting. At the end of that meeting, you will assume the duties of President and will remain in that position for one year. So your presidential meeting will be the 2018 Meeting."

When I think of the stature of not only the ACPA's prior presidents but also its most accomplished members, I do not exaggerate when I say that I am honored and humbled by this news.




2 comments:

Fr. Bob said...

Congratulations. Your peers know a man of wisdom. I very much enjoy reading your comments on the various questios we deal with these days. God bless and protect you always.

Lori Harris said...

Great job! You'll do us proud.